Wednesday 15 November 2006

How Much Have the Banks Taken from You?

When trying to work out how much the banks have taken from you in overdraft fees and charges, your first stop might be your bank statements.

You can claim back to 6 years ago. What if you haven't got bank statements going back 6 years, or even 1? Enter the Data Protection Act 1998.

By law, your bank has to provide you with this information within 40 days, should you request it. Unfortunately they can charge up to £10 for the privilege, but many claimants are reporting that the banks are returning their cheques with the data.

You will need to write to your bank. If they do not respond, contact the Information Commissioner to take the matter further.

6 comments:

Darvy Kaitlin said...

useful information blog

Secured loans

Jack Payne said...

Bank obligations are more loosly regulated in the U.S. They say that in a perfect world all the Impersonators would be dead and Elvis would still be alive. Oh, if it were only be so.

Dorothy said...

Hi Admin,

I am Dorothy Parker. I have visited your website and I would like to congratulate you on building such a valuable online resource. I am sure your visitors find your site as useful as I did.

My site also has relevant information in the same context, which I am sure your visitors will really appreciate. It would be great if we exchange links with each other. It would boost your search engine rankings, as relevant inbound links is the most important criteria for ranking on most search engines. It would also help bring targeted traffic to your site and reach out to a valuable, relevant audience.

So, I think it would be beneficial for both of us if we will join in a community and become link partners to each other which will help your blog/site in getting more Google values. If you are interested then please contact me at my email-id.

Have a great day.

Thanks and regards
Dorothy
Contact: dorothy786@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Good job!!! nice and informative blog post...:Tax online

friendfinder said...

Good job!!! nice and informative blog post...I appreciate.
unsecured loan uk

Anonymous said...

I really agree with the facts that you have shared on this post. An interesting topic like this really enhances reader's mind to have more effective decisions over a certain issue.

security equipment